March 23-27, 2020
Big Island - Fairmont Orchid
The Fairmont Orchid
Fairmont Orchid is a luxury Hawaii Island resort and spa beautifully located on the majestic Kohala Coast. Immerse yourself in an authentic Big Island vacation experience, surrounded by 32 oceanfront acres of lush tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls and a tranquil white sand beach and lagoon. From sunrise canoe voyages to sunset torch lighting ceremonies, an incredible array of outdoor adventures is yours to explore.
ROOM/SUITE BLOCK – Group rate ends 2/20/2020 – after this date, rate is based on availability
- Rate of $315 per night based on double-occupancy plus tax. Run of House Rooms is a mix of Fairmont Garden View Rooms and Partial Ocean View Rooms with a mix of a King or 2 Queen beds.
ACCESSIBLE ROOM REQUESTS
- Should you require a room accessible to guests with disabilities, kindly advise us of your requirements as soon as possible so that we may endeavor to fulfill your specific needs.
- Descriptions of our guest rooms are available on our website at http://www.fairmont.com/orchid-hawaii/accommodations or otherwise available by calling our Reservations Department at 808-885-2000 or our Global Reservations Centre at 1-800-441-1414.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES AND FEES
Resort Charge (inclusions subject to change without notice):
- Please note that there is an additional charge of $35.00 offered at a discounted rate of $15.00 per room per night plus tax that is not included in the above room rates. The following amenities are bundled into this charge:
- Self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Shuttle bus service within the Mauna Lani Resort area
- Unlimited basic WiFi access in guest rooms and resort public areas
- Le Club AccorHotels members receive an upgrade to premium speed Internet access and Le Club AccorHotels Platinum members receive $20 credit toward Spa services
- Local, domestic, long distance (USA and Canada) and 1-800 access calls from guest rooms
- 45 minute photo shoot on the scenic grounds of Fairmont Orchid with Pacific Dream Photography (subject to space availability with the option to purchase photos)
- 10% discount on Keiki Aloha Full Day Adventure
- 10% discount on the published price of the Hawai‘i Loa Luau
- Two bottles of water in room, refreshed daily
A 5% portion of the room rate is used to offset costs of the meeting.
If you register, we will get the program accredited in the state for which you are licensed.
Monday, March 23
Tuesday, March 24
Wednesday, March 25
Thursday, March 26
Friday March 27
Lawyer Wellness – Carpe Diem – Presented by: Nancy Nolin
Progress was all right. It just went on too long. – James Thurber – Presented by: Nelson Page, Bar Counsel, Alaska Bar Association
Your Client’s Business Valuation Simplified – Presented by: Joe Novello, CPA
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Luau 5:15 p.m.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Professional Ethics in Film CLE – Roman J. Israel, Esq. Presented by: Clifford Scott-Rudnick, J.D.
Understanding Your Client’s Financial Statements – Presented by: Joe Novello, CPA
Gone with the Wind, Or the Virtual Law Practice – Presented by Nelson Page
Kahua Ranch Dinner
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Hawaiian Vanilla Co.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Duty of Technological Competence or “Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.” – Steve Wozniak – Presented by: Nelson Page
Diversity and Inclusion Issues – Presented by: Clifford Scott-Rudnick J.D.
Learning the Art of Mindfulness: A Wellness Approach for the Legal Profession – Presented by: Nancy Nolin, LCSW, ACSW, CAS, CADC II
Excursions are no longer available.
Avis Car Rental
A discount has been secured with Avis Rent A Car for 7 days prior to the event and 7 days after the event.
The Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number is: T625042
Lenné practiced corporate and transactional law in Atlanta, GA for 25 years. She’s a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars in the U.S. and Canada. She has authored two books published by the ABA: Contract Drafting: Powerful Prose in Transactional Practice (2019, 3rd ed.) and The Grammar and Writing Handbook for Lawyers (2011). Her passion is helping lawyers acquire the skills they need to be successful in transactional practice.
Simple Message Courtroom is dedicated to helping attorneys of all practice areas clarify their case story by using techniques used by theater artists and marketing teams who need to engage an audience instantly. Through his specialized story consulting and customized seminars, David Mann has helped lawyers across the country tell the story that wins.